Re: Engine Questions

To: jkk@adams.net
Subject: Re: Engine Questions
From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:32:34 GMT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
You can use a double row chain...I just did on my 1098. An adjustable one
wouldn't be a bad idea. I wish I'd taken more time to 'time' my cam. I just
lined up the dots at TDC and went on with it.
I don't think the timing marks are all that precise.
Andy
PS If you use the duplex gears & chain you must countersink two screws below
the crankshaft gear or they foul the cog.