RE: my muffler experience

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: my muffler experience
From: Justin Cook <justincook@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:21:53 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I had a 'turbo tube' installed and I replaced with a
stock (Mo$$) glasspack after about a month.  The tube
sounded great but really resonated inside the car.
The stock (its made by Walker) muffler eliminates
interior resonance.  It's got a somewhat odd note but
OK for me.

  After switching to stock muffler I looked in the
turbo tube and saw a small (1/4 inch) hole where there
probably shouldn't have been one -- I could see
straight through the thing!  Maybe that's why the tube
made my ears hurt after hard driving.

Personal note:  after seeing my grandfather and father
both half-deaf from war and farm equipment I am very
protective of my ears.  I'll give up a couple of hp if
necessary.