63 Spridget

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 63 Spridget
From: IfixMGs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 22:19:58 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
            My recently acquired  Iris Blue / Red Leather 63 Midget is too
old for stud service, and has contracted  a terminal case of Snitis.  The car
is a horribly preserved time capsule... I can stand beside the driver's door,
and, quite literally, see the trailing edge of the right front tire..... Good
points?  Orig Automotor radio and stylized-script Motorola grey tin speaker
housing, decent hubcaps, straight wheels, front wings, side curtains,gages,
gen, starter, "heater warning plaque" etc plus useable drivetrain; with the
exception of some rubber parts and the front parking lights, the car is
as-it-rolled off the line original - over its lifetime, everything appears to
have been returned to the correct location, orientation, etc, so prior to the
gutting, a large number of digital pix will be taken. I used the "Original"
for a recent concours restoration of an early  MKIII, but had a hard time
finding good pictures of brake line routing, harness clamp orientation, and
general engine shots. Same with under-car photos..... I'll maintain a file
available upon request, unless someone has a web site willing to post them.
I'll be happy to snailmail a diskette full of jpegs or bmp's to anyone with a
web site.
            The parts will go on sale on the MG Enthusiast clasifieds
(MGCARS.ORG.UK) in a week or two, and will be priced very reasonably. I don't
plan on getting rich off of it.
            There was also a set of very nicely preserved A-H Sprite hubcaps
in the boot, quite heavy compared to a set of aftermarkets, little or no
scratches or dents. Can I get rich off of them?????
               Mark Childers   Union Jack MGB  Spares  VA Beach VA