Re: intake manifold loose

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@htcomp.net>
Subject: Re: intake manifold loose
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 19:29:01 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Brad,

Thanks. I guess this had been a problem for some time. After I had
the carbs rebuilt by Jim Taylor, they were great. But, over time, the
mixture and idle seemed to wander. I'd re-tune the carbs, everything
would be great, and then they would seem to go out of tune again.
Anyway, two of the manifold nuts were less than finger tight, the
others were only about 10 ft-lbs. The washers appear to be correct.
After tightening the nuts (15 ft-lbs cold), I re-set the mixture and
idle speed and balance and now the car seems to have more power than
before. It certainly runs smoother and at lower idle (800 rpm).
Probably too much rough stuff on road and track day contributed to
the loose nuts. I guess this is another maintenance point.

Thanks again,

Jeff

---