Which Crane ignition unit?

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Which Crane ignition unit?
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 22:53:28 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have a question!!!   I went to the Crane site to see about ordering one of
the reconditioned electronic ignition units for my 1979 Midget 1500 (Xmas
gift from the spouse).  I looked at the Application guide and started to
order the unit the guide signified for my car.  Then I realized that my car
has been totally detoxed and is running a points distributor.  To tune the
ignition, I use the gaps of pre 1975 Midgets instead of those for 1979 cars.

Should I order the unit that is made for the 1979 or should I order the unit
made to replace points?  It seems like the 1979 unit would be adjusted or
constructed with the pollution equipment in mind, whereas mine has all been
removed.

Thanks for any replies.

---David C.