Re: Rally fun

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rally fun
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 14:11:27 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/10/99 1:33:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com writes:

<<   Note: You won't find any mention of electronic, pocket calculators here,
 but there is a picture of a Curta in Larry Reid's book. :-)  (I'd love
 to have one of those for display, but, "WE way too TIGHT for that!" :-) >>

Curta calculators are expensive if you buy them on E-Bay.  The thing that a
lot of people don't know is that they were widely used by architects,
engineers and designers back in the '60s.  If you check enough old
engineering companies, I'll bet you'll find Curtas in desk drawers, gathering
dust.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget