Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#222513917: austin

To: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#222513917: austin
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 10:52:49 -0800
Cc: type79@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bryan,
     I can't say.  The repro was made in India.  Possibly they did not have a
Bugeye to make sure it fit correctly.  I used to work in manufacturing
engineering
and believe me, these dimension errors happen frequently.  Factor in that the
manufacturer is thousands of miles form the end client and further from the
users.
All I know is the original drops right in and the repro does not as the pins are
too close together.  Maybe if I bought another repro it would fit, but I'm much
happier with an original back there anyway.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite