Crane problem!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Crane problem!
From: DLancer7676@cs.com
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 06:49:06 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Question!!

I received from my wife for Christmas one of the Crane reconditioned
Electronic Ignition kits.  While watching a TV football game, I got the kit
out and began toying with it--assembling parts of it to become familiar with
it.  I came across a small problem--maybe I need to call Crane, or perhaps it
is a common problem with every kit.  Inside the Distributor, the slotted
wheel fits over the post and rotates through a transducer, which is attached
to a curved metal support arm with one center screw.

When I offer the transducer up to the support arm, the metal overlaps the
screw hole, not allowing the screw purchase to the hole!!   Is this a defect,
or is it simply solved by grinding off the edge of the metal support arm till
the hole is clear through the slot?

Also--How about the low voltage wire?  Does it stay in place?  The one that
attaches to the semicircular plastic piece that slide fits into the
distributor body.

Thanks!!

--David C.