Re: Title/Plates Cost

To: "Rick Fisk" <rickfisk@concentric.net>, "Spridget Mail List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Title/Plates Cost
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 13:31:56 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
You can get a duplicate title in California without getting a current
registration.  If they were able to come up with the print out of back fees
due, then the vehicle is still in the computer as being owned by him.  Even
without a title he can prove ownership by this printout.  Then if the car is
to be driven out of the state, a one day trip permit can be obtained, again
without paying any of the penalties that have accrued.  A bill of sale and a
"Statement of Facts" should be all you need to get a title in your home
state, plus any inspections etc. that Michigan requires.
David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget
63 Falcon