Crane Ignition!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Crane Ignition!
From: DLancer7676@cs.com
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 15:47:55 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Thanks to the input of several listers and the excellent instructions
available on Crane Cams website, I successfully installed my new Crane
Electronic Ignigtion in my '79 Midget (Taz) this afternoon.   The box said it
"Installs in an Hour"  Heh--took me the better part of 4 hours, going on 5,
but it is in and the car runs better than it has ever run before.  Idles
better, no flat spots on acceleration--almost scary how much it seems to have
now.  I do have the ignition terribly advanced but that seems to make it run
much better, whether I am running points or electronics.

It had trouble starting at first--made a strange "bump" that I had never
experienced before when the engine would try to start then would seize
suddenly.  Never figured out what that was--adjusted timing, sprayed some
more starting fluid, and she coughed to life.  Once warmed up I adjusted the
timing with a light, adjusted the carbs, and off I went!!

Thanks to everyone who aided me in the installation!!

---David C.