RE: Hayne's wiring diagram

To: Terry Williams <t.williams@mrg.ca>, "'Charles D. Sorkin'" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: RE: Hayne's wiring diagram
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 17:35:19 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
A note to keep in mind. If something doesn't match on
the diagram for your year car and what you see in your
car...check previous year diagrams.
I say this from experience and the Brits are notorious
for using leftover parts from the previous model
years.

My Midget is a 77 and most everything electrical was
correct to the Bentley diagram...EXCEPT...the seatbelt
control box (that little box that activates the buzzer
or disables the ignition, etc). The box in a 77 has 6
connectors; mine had 12...racked my brain until I
looked at some other diagrams. I found the 75 model
had a box with 12 connectors to disable most
everything if you didn't fasten your seatbelt or had
the car in gear...yadda yadda yadda. I know this
wasn't a DPO addition...everything was factory
connections with the original factory tags.

Good Luck and I highly recommend the Bentley book. I
don't know what I would do without it...probably drive
my friends crazy! :o)

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.