Re: wiring diagrams

To: <IfixMGs@aol.com>
Subject: Re: wiring diagrams
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 17:50:20 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
The main problem is that I'm converting to points/condensor from a failed
electronic ignition.  The PO chopped a bunch of wires long ago, and I'm
having difficulty in getting spark at the plugs.  I found what I believe to
be the ignition wire (white) in a taped bunde near the alternator, and
connected it to the + terminal on the coil.  I've connected the LT lead on
the distributor to the - coil terminal.  And the HT lead is in place.  A
voltage tester indicates that I am getting current to the + on the coil, but
still no spark.

My question yesterday relates to the fact that I need to know which, if any,
other wires (such as the tach) need to be connected to the coil, or anywhere
else.  And should there be a connection from a fuse to the ignition system,
as one of the wiring diagrams indicates?

I have a brown and white wire that could be coming from the alternator.
Where should it go?  It was hanging unattached previously (while the car was
running.)

Thanks,

Charles
'74 Midget