Re: Water temp gauge

To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>, <mhanna@ball.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Water temp gauge
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 08:43:43 -0500
As I recall Reagent grade is 99% pure (198 proof) and denatured has
something added to it to make it poisonous, not water, but I do not recal
what, most likely a benzne related compound as they are soluble in
alcohol but very toxic. Water would not make it toxic and that was part
of the aim in denaturing alcohol.

Larry

>In a message dated 1/7/00 12:32:27 AM Eastern Standard Time, mhanna@ball.com
>writes:
>
><< reagent grade as being pure and
> denatured alcohol as having water added to it.  >>
>
>Not sure, but when I was a Pharmacy Intern in a Hospital Pharmacy we used to
>use 5 gallon carboys of pure 190 proof grain alcohol in prescriptions.  A
>possible source if it's the same thing??  (Nope--never drank any of it--it
>was dyed blue to keep that from happening!!!   LOL)
>
>--David C.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.