Re: No Jetta, Total LBC

To: Tomsjetta@aol.com
Subject: Re: No Jetta, Total LBC
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 23:01:27 -0500
Cc: mgs@autox.team.et, spridgets@autox.team.net
Tomsjetta@aol.com wrote:

> Our daily driver, a '94 Jetta GLS, was decimated in an accident caused by a
> careless teen tonight. As a testament to the car, my wife walked away from a
> 35mph 3/4 head-on collision with a scratched finger caused by the airbag
> deploying. The person who caused the accident never even apologized, but was
> charged.

The world is changing.  The last 2 people who hit (both reared me when I
was stopped) did not say they were sorry.  The last guy looked at my car
and decided he did not have to swap insurance information with me.  The
SOB just drove off.  Got his plate number and reported him but that is
a sorry tale for another day.   At least the damage to my car was very
small in both cases.  People have stopped teaching their kids to say they
are sorry.  Sorry about the jetta, I think they are all right cars.

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget
90 Shar-Pei