Re: Ammeter

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ammeter
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 02:19:59 EST
In a message dated 1/7/00 7:35:37 PM, spritenut@exit109.com writes:

<<But Bob doesn't a temperture gauge tell you the car overheated after you
see the steam?>>

Frank

Not if you pay attention to the gauge and fix what ever is causing the
temperture to go up.  :)

<<Oh no, no oil pressure, maybe that explains the rod knock!>>

No if you pay attention to the gauge and fix what ever is causing the oil
pressure to drop. :)

<<--- voltmeter --- I like them because if monitered, you can see a problem
coming. I saw a problem
coming on PIECES a week before I left for my Wisconsin trip. If I had no
voltmeter, I would have been looking for an alternator somewhere in Ohio.
The gauge read 10 volts, the ignition light was working properly, the
alternator was crapping out but not yet dead.>>

Glad to hear someone got some use out of a volt meter.  We fried three
alternators on one car with a factory installed volt meter and it never moved
until I was running off of the batteries with dim headlights.

Flame suit still on.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV indiguise)
1966(7) Sprite Mk III (in progress