Re: Midget Stereo - New box and radio

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Midget Stereo - New box and radio
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 13:18:53 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Same here guys,
...about to re-install the radio box after finishing the rest
of the interior restoration. I ran a set of speaker wires
inside the harness running down the passenger side
before I re-wrapped the harness and installed the panels.

...yeah,...depth of the radio is a problem here too.
I just finished recovering the radio console in Biscuit vinyl (turned out
better than I thought it would) to match the rest of the interior.
I was going to extend the depth of the box to handle a bigger radio
and add a metal panel over the entire front of the box and redrill everything
to mount a few extra gauges before I covered it. After a quick test fit
I realized if I had extended the depth I surely wouldn't have been able
to even hit the station buttons!  Also I wouldn't have really been able to see
the gauges (driver's arm position )  so..it goes back in...stock depth (except
for the re-cover job )

I guess I'm going to have to stop by P.B's and check out the radio
you installed Larry (KEH-1080).

...talk about good timing with subject on the list..    thanks everyone.

Paul Tegler
OBie - '73 BGT - Daily Driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Rat -'80 Spitfire  - fledgling recently left the nest
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit80.htm
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - in Superb Shape!
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - finally home
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html
email: wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com