Re: cool ... no lbc

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cool ... no lbc
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 19:49:52 -0800
I was raised in Anchorage Alaska.  If I remember correctly, wind chill only
occurs at temperatures well below zero degrees Fahrenheit.  The wind chill
is based on the rate of heat loss from exposed skin caused by the combined
effects of the wind and cold. As the wind increases, heat is carried away
from the body at an accelerated rate, driving down the body temperature. The
wind chill shows how cold the wind makes exposed flesh feel, and how quickly
frostbite and hypothermia will occur.

For more on wind-chill:  http://web.syr.edu/~wrt405/normal/windchill.html

David Riker
74 Midget