Re: My baby's back! - Gear reduction starters

To: "Bryan Vandiver" <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: My baby's back! - Gear reduction starters
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:25:26 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bryan, The latest VB winter special catalog just got here, the gear
reduction starter is on sale for $249.95, but knowing them it is probably
made in China.  The only reasons I can see to go with the gear reduction
starter is your compression is over 12:1 so the stock starter won't turn
over your motor, or your starter and ring gear both need to be replaced and
you just can't face pulling the engine again.  I have never seen a failure
of the transmission due to the cut-out for the starter. Have you been
talking to a shop near you that sells the gear reduction starters?
        Crash