Rose joints?WOTIZIT?

To: "Brad Fornal" <toyman@htcomp.net>
Subject: Rose joints?WOTIZIT?
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 15:54:57 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
From Brad Fornal <toyman at htcomp.net>
To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>
Cc: <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>; <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>;
<spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: 22 January 2000 13:26
Subject: Re: Panhard Rods. How?

> David, I was wondering what a "rose joint" was myself. Was that what the
special
> pink rolling papers that Cheech and Chong used was for> > << Getting rose
joints should be easy - any bearing supply place should have
> >  them.  >>
> >

> > What is a rose joint?  Am I setting myself and the list up for a barrage
of
> > Non-LBC replies, like "Don't get your Rose out of joint?".

Someone described one to me thus:

    Imagine a baseball nailed to a wall with a six inch nail.  Grab it in
your fist.  Relax the pressure slightly and you can twist and turn to your
hearts content but you are unable to either detach or to move further away
from the wall that the exact length of your arm.  Charles' post at 14:38
shows the idea that you can only go so far until one side of your hand would
push against the shaft of the nail and that the special washer would prevent
the baseball from sliding off of the nail.  'ROSE' is a trade name in the UK
for these things.

    Does this help?

Rob Thomas (Replacement is NOT the reverse of the removal process Mr
Haynes!!!!)