new direction? possible lbc content!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: new direction? possible lbc content!
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 18:18:35 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
along with my friend jon, yesterday we closed a deal on the purchase of a
local foreign car parts store's entire  inventory of old stock for  just
about evrything under the sun!   there are stacks of clutch discs and
pressure plates (probably 100-150 of each in boxes) . bosch, sachs,
armstrong, lockheed, girling, dunlop, late fifties and early 60's
replacement front and rear lamps and lenses for pegots and italian and
german cars i canot identify as of yet.  100-150 mid 1970's taiwan
replacement fenders stillwraped in cardboard for imports
(unfortunatly)mostly asian from what initial inspections seem to indicate.
it is mind boggling!  his is a ton of stuff they just chose to dispose of.
a mg td or tf gas tank, 75-100 sets of relined brake shoes.  thisstore is
interested in expansion and getting rid of this dead inventory that was
crowding their space for modern foreign inventory.   there are 20-30
levershocks (armstrong) some in armstrong boxes along with some links too.
there are huge levershocks that bolt down with 4 bolts in a square bolt
patern i have never seen them that big! possibly jag salon? big healey? i
dont know.  this is no little undertaking!
we are going to take most of it to import carlisle.  with hopes of disposing
groups of stuff to other vendors.  yeah valves, engine bearings for hilman
humber?  just amazing.  there is stuff with no identification attached any
longer that you look at and go *martins?* what the h**l is that?

so save the requests , we have no idea as to what we just bought besidesa
couple hunderd armstrong, kyb and toyo tube shocks and strut cartridges.
just thought i'd share the excitement that i got 1 new rear shock for my
bugeye and 3 smiths brand new fasten your seat belts dash gauges. what look
like the size of a spridget gas gauge.  great for the race car as a joke!

possibly now i can afford to fix my own cars?  probably not! now we need to
catalog all ofthis that we can and try to sell off what we can to get our
cash outlay back.  after that, who knows possibly another inventory somwhere
else?  stupid but i dont think we'll do it again.

chuck
up to my.....well you know what at home with my  cute wonderfull
understanding sweet even tempered (she's fumed with me again) wife.  i guess
the couch and i are going to get real familiar.  (she is really quite upset
and has no idea how much stuf we bought)  enough iorn to scrap all of it and
make money!  he-he-he! she was looking !  my battle ship was just sunk!
rats!-rats! foiled again!