Spridgeteers on ice

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Spridgeteers on ice
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 19:34:57 -0800 (PST)
Had a fine day today in the frozen midwest.  On a whim
(with a little prodding from yours truly) Frank
Clarici caught a last-minute weekend supersaver fare
and flew out to the Cheddar Curtain
(Illinois/Wisconsin border) for a quick winter jolt of
Spridgetitis.  Paul Asgeirsson was in Chicagoland to
rewire a Morris Minor (you know a guy is good when
he's flown halfway across the country to change both
the fuses on a car {only kidding Paul!}), so we
figured we'd hook up for a beer.  After the obligatory
pillaging of Peter C.'s shop on Saturday (and fine
cheeseburgers and beer at Wally's), we met Paul today.
 It was a great few hours, with lots of LBC talk,
including discussions about Paul's 5 speed kit, the
state of the hobby, and some of the more
"controversial" list topics. Lots of laughs, and a ton
of LBC knowledge tossed about between Peter, Frank,
and Paul.  I got to do the math.  As is typical with
these encounters, it was too short, and I think we
spent more time outside the restaurant saying goodbye
than inside having lunch.  I'm sure the conversation
will pick up where it left off next time.

Anyway, although none of us >>really<< knows each
other through just an email list, chances are there
are a lot friends out there you just haven't met yet.

Have fun -

=====
Ron Soave

IGNORE THE YAHOO MESSAGE BELOW!!!!!