Re: rear hubs/half shaft

To: soavero@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, branch@mbs.valinet.com
Subject: Re: rear hubs/half shaft
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:32:46 EST
In a message dated 24/01/00 03:19:22 GMT Standard Time, soavero@yahoo.com
writes:

<< What about a gear puller? >>

I tried a hub puller without success - a DECENT gear puller might get the hub
off the shaft but you are still going to need a bearing press to get the new
hub back on.

You don't need to mess with the diff carrier but do need to drain the oil.
Heat might help to get the hub of the shaft but I am not sure about putting a
lot of heat onto a new hub in order to fit it to the shaft (metalurgy not one
of my strong points).

A good garage/service centre etc will have a bearing press and most likely do
the job for the price of a beer and would still be my preferred option (after
previously trying other things).

Daniel1312