Re: MkIII update

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, Bkitterer@aol.com
Subject: Re: MkIII update
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 11:26:13 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/25/00 9:39:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

<< I cut a 5" square hole in the floor of the tranny area, this makes the
 mount and speedo cable a piece of cake to get to. Later RB Midgets have
 this hole from the factory. >>

Thanks for that Frank!!   I am replacing the entire floor of my '67 Sprite
and probably a year and a half ago I asked about cutting a hole there for the
purpose of making that deceptive tranny to driveshaft connection easier.
Some replies cautioned against doing that, indicating that the strength of
the Spridget was in the integrity of the frame and floorboard.  If they did
it later at the factory, I still ask, Why Not?  Since it is welded on both
sides of the hole anyway (and MINE are seam welded, not just spot welded) it
doesnt seem to me that you would lose much integrity, and would make a
difficult job a lot easier.

Think I will cut it anyway, patterned after the hole in my '79.  If anyone
sees me by the side of the road with the middle of the car touching the
ground, BRING ME A NEW FLOORBOARD. LOL

--David C.