Gearbox gear numbers

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gearbox gear numbers
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 13:52:38 -0500charset="x-user-defined"
I'm hoping to find some information on the interchangability of gears in the
ribcase box.

Specifically, I have several input shafts from an early ribcase box, number
22G229. I have a later box, with gears numbered 22G11xx (Layshaft is
22G1100, first is 22G1119. . .) Can I use the 22G229 input shaft with the
later gearbox? If not, does someone have a 22G11xx input shaft in good shape
they'd be willing to sell or swap for a good 22G229?

Thanks!
Stan Fickes
(Back on the list after a two-year hiatus, in Vermont now)
'65 Sprite
'51 MGTD
'25 M.G. Super Sports 14/28
'45 International Farmall A (rhd!)