Faulty fuel readings

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Faulty fuel readings
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 09:22:00 -0000charset="windows-1252"
Hi Guys,

I have a '71 Sprite which I haven't had very long which has a habit of
reading full up with fuel at 5:00pm yet totally empty at 5:10pm.

A few questions;

What is the size (Gallons\Litres) of a standard 71 tank?
What is the range that you guys normally get on one tank (How many miles?)

Is it normal that the fuel gauge is so bad? Do you guys reckon that I have a
sender or a gauge telling me lies? (my guess is on the sender).

Thanks in advance

John

PS Thanks guys for helping me out in getting my interior heater running.

I finally got it all properly installed last night, powered it up and all
manner of crap flew out of the vents where it hasn't been run for ages. Then
as I went along, heat entered the Sprite for the first time in years! I
spent a few hours just driving around in my new found comfort. Cheers!