differentials

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: differentials
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:25:47 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
After examining the diff. on my Sprite I notice that it has quite a lot of
play in it.  Checking the usual sources I see that replacement gears are not
easily available.  Assuming that I can eventually find a servicealble
differential assembly, what ratios are available and what would go best with
the 1275cc.?  The stock ribcase with the original diff. has too low a low
and not enough high.  I expect to cruise the highways much more that I
expect to climb phone poles and don't really have the resources yet to do a
5-sp conversion.

Thanks to the list as usual for the excellent advice.  I've yet to ask a
question that wasn't answered with wit, wisdom, or both.
                                     Regards, Glen Byrns