Midget Mk./Model Designations

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget Mk./Model Designations
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 16:05:25 EST
Larry Macy wrote:

<<<Gotta agree, it is my understanding that the RB Midgets have no MK
designation. Although Mk IV would be correct if there were one.

Larry>>>

I have to respectfully disagree. The Mk. III designation carried to the end
as evidenced by the Mk. III designation still used on the title page of the
1979 Midget Owners Manual. Also by the titling of the Leyland parts book -
Mk. 2 and Mk. 3 Midget - which covered up to the end. The only Mk. IV was the
Sprite equivalent of the Mk. III Midget. The BMIHT seems to have skirted the
issue on the Heritage certificate I have on my '79 - it is just called a
Midget 1500.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, IL, USA