Re: Group Parts Purchases..?

To: curt.onstott@orst.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Group Parts Purchases..?
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 17:43:28 EST
curt.onstott@orst.edu writes:

<< Do you have any idea whether larger valves could be fitted economically? >>

Curt:

I haven't been there on this issue, but it is my understanding that larger
valves can indeed be fitted, but not really economically, at least not as I
define "economically".  Listers correct me if I am wrong, but in order to
install larger valves it is necessary to "reseat" the head, which involves
drillingout the old seats and machining in new seats.  I remember reading
something about "offset" drilling for the seats.

Listers?

--David C.

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane and
going the wrong way.