Re: Go To The Head of The Class was Re: Group Parts Purchases..?

To: <type79@ix.netcom.com>, "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: Go To The Head of The Class was Re: Group Parts Purchases..?
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 12:46:52 +1100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
A race engine builder I have used a fair bit tells me that it is
possible to get better flow figures out of a cast iron 5 port head
than out of the arden 8 port head.

Of course this is after a porting job and valve size increase. The
main reason is the limited amount of room in the head for good
straight ports - you've got those pesky pushrods, water passages and
oil passages to get around which means some tightish bends are
required.

In other words, for less money, a good engine builder can get you more HP
and torque for probably less money.

Mike