Vizard book... wow

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vizard book... wow
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 22:17:58 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I just got my copy of Vizard's "Tuning the A-Series Engine" from
barnesandnoble.com, and it sure is comprehensive.  One chapter that caught
my interest was the section on ram charging, in which it seems as though a
5-10% power boost can be had by replacing the airfilter assembly with a more
smoothly shaped intake tube.  Besides the ram intakes that are advertised in
the Moss catalog, does anyone know of ram charge intakes for SU carbs that

a) fit inside a spridget engine bay,
b) deliver noticeably better performance,
c) bolt on without major modifications,
d) can accomodate airfilters?

Regards,

Charles