Re: Rear Leaf Springs

To: Jay Bourgraf <jaybird@isoc.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Leaf Springs
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 19:17:06 -0800
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Jay Bourgraf wrote:

> Has anyone swapped out a pair of 1275 Midget springs into an earlier 1098
> Sprite? If so, what changes can I expect on a street driver? I realize that
> they have a large arc and contain more leafs, but will it end up looking
> like it has air shocks on it???

Jay

The 1275 springs will raise the car just a bit. Stay away from 1500
springs or it will look like you have a set of air shocks under there.
If you look close, all (stock) 1098 1/2 leaf spridgets sat kind of low
in the back, I think BMC corrected this on the MKIVs with a properly
engineered pair of leafs. Same car, same weight give or take 5 lbs.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ