AHCUSA

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: AHCUSA
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:15:54 -0000
Dear Fellow Enthusiasts,

I have not been subscribed to the spridgets list for several months, but
someone who is on the list just alerted me to the recent thread titled "NEW
AHCUSA" that began with an allegation that an article had been "stolen" for
use in Austin-Healey Magazine.  I reviewed the archived messages on this
subject and I am very, very surprised at a few of them.  Stunned, really.
 I assure you, there is more than one side to any given story.  I'll
contact a couple of individuals privately to try to better understand their
feelings and make amends, if needed and possible.

In any case, on the question of "stealing" articles, I am doing a little
checking and will report back to you with the results of my investigation.
 (I am not the editor of the magazine and I have no advance knowledge of
what will be published in any given issue -- beyond, of course, my own
column -- before I get it in the mail just like everyone else).  Thank you
for your kind patience.

Sincerely,
Reid Trummel
President, AHCUSA