Re: trailer

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: trailer
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:28:11 EST
In a message dated 2/10/00 5:35:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com writes:

<<     Ed in NC
  Wow... Did I actually say something useful??  ;-) >>

Almost.

Actually, the ride height shouldn't matter very much with a tow dolly.  As I
remember, the ramps flip up under the car when the front wheels move ahead of
the pivot point.  The ramps will only go as far as the can, and the weight of
the car holds them in place.  You then strap over the front tires to hold the
whole thing together.

BTW, don't try to back up when using a tow dolly.  The car'll go one way, the
dolly another.  I can't imagine driving a tendem tractor trailor for a living.

Allen Hefner