radiators part deux

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: radiators part deux
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 21:24:48 -0500
Spridgeteers,

As a couple of people have pointed out, the crossflow radiator
_should_ have the inlet and outlet stubs positioned on the sides
opposite to that of the downflow, "requiring the bottom hose from the
right-hand side of the radiator to connect with a transverse
cross-over pipe bracketed to the rack and pinion mountings. This
steel cross-over pipe contained a drain plug screw as the new
radiator was not provided with any means of draining" (quoted from
Horler). There was also a longer and reshaped top hose.

Oddly enough, _my_ spare crossflow has had both inlet and outlet
stubs switched. That is, they are in the same place as on the
downflow and there former positions have been plugged. Cool, right?
Except, there is no way to drain the radiator since there is no drain
tap on the radiator nor room for the lower cross-over pipe! If I used
this radiator, is there another drain outlet in the system? As
everyone one knows, removing the hose at the lower outlet is not a
real option!

TIA,

Jeff
Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD