Re: electronic ignition

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: electronic ignition
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:33:21 -0800
The Allison/Crane units are very sensitive to moisture.  Fried two of them
by pressure washing the engine compartments.  My personal favorite ignition
system is the Lucas electronic ignition that fits MGB's.  If they ever fail,
hidden inside the mysterious Lucas black box is a nice generic GM electronic
ignition module, available at any brand-X autoparts store.  You hand it to
the guy and say I need one of these.  About $18 last time I replaced one.

David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget
63 Falcon