Re: First of many cylinder head questions

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: First of many cylinder head questions
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 21:26:19 -0800
Cc: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"Charles D. Sorkin" wrote:

> Good evening list:
>
> I have decided with some encouragement from Frank to proceed with a rebuild
> of a 1275 head.  (Engine block comes later.)  First problem:  Where can I
> get a valve spring compression tool that will fit this size head?

Any hardware store.
Buy a large "C" clamp, drill a 3/8" hole in the fixed end, use it as a
valve spring compressor by tightening the knob.
It also makes a great caliper press and, get this, it makes a great "C"
clamp too.
Hey you needed a giant C clamp anyway!
Or you can borrow my giant C clamp. It is the only thing I ever used on
Spridget valve springs.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ