Re: Hybrid Crossflow rad

To: jboatri@emory.edu
Subject: Re: Hybrid Crossflow rad
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:31:30 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Using the conventions of left and right as you sit in the car.

Top hose from engine goes to left hand side of radiator (even though the
right hand side is nearer).

Bottom hose goes from right hand side of radiator to the left via the metal
tube.

so ----------------------

It seemed to me that if the top hose from the engine went to the right hand
side of the radiator which is nearer the hose run would be nearer but the
T'stat housing would need to point in the other direction - like the mini
(I'M WORKING ON THE RECOLLECTION THAT THE T-STAT HOUSING IS ECCENTRIC AND
ONLY FITS IN ONE POSITION - IS THIS CORRECT?)

Likewise if the bottom hose was on the left hand side of the engine the metal
pipe would not be required and the hose run shorter.

The rad would still be crossflow but would now flow right to left rather than
left to right (MY ORIGINAL QUESTION IS DOES THIS MAKE A DIFFERENCE (RON)).

Daniel1312