new mini

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: new mini
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:00:45 GMT
Greetings,
Has eveyone seen the new mini yet? There was a story in todays paper (The
Age, Melbourne, Thursday 17th feb).The last 'old' mini will come off the
line in september..thats about 5.3 million of 'em over 41 years.
I reckon the new cooper S looks pretty cool..sounds interesting too with a
1600cc supercharged engine. Theres a couple of pics too if anyone would like
a copy....
Andy
BTW did I mention that I got my sprite up to 100MPH the other day? Well the
speedo said 100mph anyhow...I was doing 63-64 X 100rpm in top gear (standard
4.2 diff,ribcase box) so that must be quite close? (I think the tacho is
reasonably trustworthy)
Felt GREAT ....solid as a rock. I gotta stop that gearstick vibrating
though.