Re: Hardtop on eBay. Not bad, actually.

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Hardtop on eBay. Not bad, actually.
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 10:52:19 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
The original hardtops that fit the later Spridgets with the fold down soft
tops will also fit the earlier Spridgets with the removable soft tops, but
the reverse is not true, as the cockpit hole is about 5 inches farther back
on the later models.  I suspect that your hardtop is the later one, Frank,
and that's why it fit both the '69 and the '66.  Even though the hardtops
for both models look very similar when viewed alone, the one in the picture
appears way too short from the side window opening to the back window to fit
the later models without the back part of the cockpit sticking out.

Bob