Fw: British cars, past and present

To: "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: British cars, past and present
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 21:24:51 -0500
The original Cobra was an AC Ace with a Shelby conversion to a Ford V-8.
Carroll Shelby then redesigned the car a bit and began building them himself
with an aluminum body. A couple of years ago he wanted to build 25 brand new
1965 (1966?) Cobras. He had registered a number of them back then that did
not get built and thought that he could get around the pollution and safety
specs if they were authentic 1965 models. The Feds would not go for it. He
is building a limited number of the very expensive cars. If I were rich, I
would have one!!