Re: more blue bug-i

To: dwramsey@worldnet.att.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: more blue bug-i
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:01:36 EST
In a message dated 2/22/00 5:33:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dwramsey@worldnet.att.net writes:

<<     I'll need to get some digital pictures done and as I don't have that
 type of camera, anybody know which is best the CD rom, or disc developing
 for my regular film.
     I also need help on setting a price on it.  What is a unrestored
 original bug-i worth? This car has 70,000 miles on it and other than the
 engine rebuild (I did it more for show than go, lever arm fuel pump, steel
 water pump, H1 carbs and filters, smoothcase trans).  That doesn't mean the
 car doesn't run great, just no mods ala Vizard. Other than the number plate
 on the motor it should show at  a gold level (engine and trans only).  The
 brakes are fair and tires bad (except for the Dunlop Gold seal in the boot).
 Tool kit, jack with wrench, and side curtains are all in their original
 bags.
     There is very little rust on the body (light rust on the inner fenders
 where they were scratched when people worked on the car) A pillars, rockers,
 floor pans, and rear spring mounts are all great.  This is a running all
 original car.
     I'm not looking for offers, but only what people think it is worth.  It
 will not be sold on this list, but I'd like to know what people think it
 should sell for, not what they would pay.
     Any thoughts on parting it out on eBay? >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Crash, I guess I don't understand.  We are your friends.  Why won't you sell
it on the list?  If somebody here is willing to give you $10,000 for it, you
wouldn't take it?  Our money isn't good enough?  (Just joking!)

If you have a "gold level" engine and trans, why do you want to part out the
car.  It sounds like a great candidate for a complete restoration.  Please
reconsider and sell it to someone who will keep it on the road.  You know,
they aren't making them anymore.

BTW, I have used Mystic Color Lab for film dev. and digitizing.  They are
fairly cheap and do a decent job.  www.mysticcolorlab.com

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget