'leading' responses

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 'leading' responses
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:43:58 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks for all the responses.

Despite the one reply suggesting great difficulty and a long steep learning
curve, I could read between the lines and see that what is required are
skills I've already acquired to a certain extent.  The 'hazards' of lead
seem pretty small next to the stuff we use in the lab daily.  Most of the
exposure risk can be negated by wearing a good respirator and rolling it out
into the driveway while checking the prevailing wind.  WARNING: GRATUITOUS
CAT  CONTENT FOLLOWS: A favorable breeze could blow the lead fumes over to
the neighbor's cat (a good thing).  That, coupled with the pig-headed
do-it-yourself cheap MF ethic I live by makes me think this will be fun.
Also it helps that the areas needing improvement are small and few.

More that one reply suggested that modern fillers are now much better and
will not cause problems over time like the 30 year old Bondo I'm dealing
with.  If I could be sure of that I would probably go that way.  I'm only
dealing with three small areas totalling about 12 sq. in. , all  areas that
don't present an edge or corner.

                                            Thanks again,  Glen Byrns