kingpin removal?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: kingpin removal?
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 19:58:57 PST
List-

I am curious about a couple of things regarding a front suspension rebuild.
I have been looking in the archives, and still can't figure it out, so
please forgive me if I am asking a stupid question.

I am attempting to completely disassemble the front suspension of a 60
Bugeye with disc brakes. I seem to be hung up on how to remove the kingpin
from the A-arm.  The lower fulcrum pin does not seem to want to move, but I
am not sure that I am attacking it correctly.  Is there an easy way to do
this? What am I looking for in terms of wear if things are not obviously
loose?  Also, I am curious to find out what suspension parts are most prone
to wear, and thus should be checked most carefully.  Since the car will
ultimately be used for vintage racing, I want to make sure that things are
thoroughly checked and put together correctly. Also, any thoughts on hub
roller bearings as an important upgrade to the more standard ball bearings?
Thanks for your help.

Dave Mumford
60 bugeye
75 MGB