Re: Fuel mileage and performance

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel mileage and performance
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 12:46:00 -0800
I am getting 38 mpg with PIECES which has a reground cam, not much
better then stock (reground by a machine shop not a performance cam)
stock 1275 with stock SUs and a centrifugal dizzy (sometimes). This MPG
was taken on my trip out to the midwest and was mostly highway speeds.
It gets real good mileage around town but I never did a check on exactly
what it gets locally.

On the other hand, my Bugeye with a performance cam, headers,
centrifugal dizzy, Weber DCOE and all the other goodies, gets about 20
MPG (25 highway) But my foot is always in it around town.

The A40 (daughters car) with stock 1275 and centrifugal dizzy was
getting 35 MPG with a Weber 40 DCOE (125 main jets) on the highway. This
number went way down around town so I switched to a 1.75 single SU. Now
it gets terrific local mileage but can't get out of it's own way. The
Weber goes back on it as soon as she starts her job and can afford to
buy gas.

My best ever Sprite mileage was with my 67 it was bone stock and would
get 42 miles per gallon on the highway.

I am curious as to what bone stock 948s get as far as mileage goes.
Les' and I both saw great mileage with the 67 Sprites. (the best year
overall if you ask me)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ