Re: 8 gal. fuel cell

To: Charles Christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 8 gal. fuel cell
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 07:23:49 -0800 (PST)
Charles,

I just purchased a new 8 gal fuel cell from SafeQuip
for $129; it included all hardware,foam, rollover
check valve, filler cap etc, except for the metal box
enclosure. It is FT3/FIA approved, which is what SCCA
requires. I used cells like this on previous cars and
built the enclosing box out of .040 aluminum. The box
could also be built from maybe 16 gage steel but
obviously would weigh more.

SafeQuip's offers a discount for production car and
vintage racers wishing to upgrade their safety
equipment. Their number is 800-247-4260 - Tim Lee is
the owner.

John Holliday
67 F-Prod street sprite

--- Charles Christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net> wrote:
> i forgot if i sent this last night in plain text or
> html....duh!
> still looking for a 8-10 gallon used fuel cell .  if
> it needs a new bladder
> or foam no big deal.  i will tear down to inspect
> what ever i end up with,
> reguardless.  i am running out of time for
> preperation for this season.  any
> help greatly apreciated!
> chuck
> cfchrist@earthlink.net