Great book to read

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Great book to read
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 14:48:11 EST
Hi list,

I have just bought a great book for 40 pence from my local lending library
(they sell off some of the older books from time to time).  I had hoped I
might find it for sale and  saw some old guy with a pile of books including
the one I wanted.  I asked him if he really wanted it and he said no - it was
just making up the numbers (10 books for a pound or 40 pence a book).

The book is 'The Sports Car - its design and performance (4th edition) by
Colin Cambell.  This is an old book but the early section on combustion
chamber design was amazing.  For example I have long known that taking the
engine block to zero deck height improves squish.  I even knew that squish
improved combustion.  But now I understand why and a whole bunch of other
stuff.

Sadly, the book is out of print and s/h copies are bound to go for about £25
I guess.  However, I plan to source a tidy s/h copy to replace the shabby
library copy because it is such a good book.  Colin Campbell wrote other
books to, including one on suspension that are also worth obtaining (though I
have only browsed it at.... the library).

Daniel1312