Re: Fuel Economy

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "HFC" <froggi@cdsnet.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Economy
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 19:40:03 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
From HFC <froggi at cdsnet.net>
To: spidgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: 01 March 2000 03:20
Subject: Fuel Economy

> Fellow Spridgeteers,
>
> I find it amusing our discussing economy and Spridgets in the same
> text.  Somewhat of an oxymoron I'd say.  Seriously, who among you
> actually drives your car in a manner that yields the best fuel mileage
> on a regular basis, or regular enough to actually tell?

I've been saving the petrol(gas) receipts for more than 7 years now for my
tax returns, ever since I started my own business.  Its a good way of
finding out if the car is benefiting from any changes ( eg 2 litre engine
out, Ital engine in......no contest!)
The latest price, just before the imminent increase, is 79.9 pence per
litre.  That's $1.24 per litre.  That's about $5 per U.S. gallon!!!!
The reason I drive the LBCs is that they cost nothing to tax each year
unlike my wifes car that cost over $200, I can fix anything that breaks
without the need for a 'Main Dealer' engineer and the insurance is a fifth
of the cost of an equally valuable modern box.  OK, it leaks water in
through the roof and out through the rad, the exhaust is still not as loud
as the wind noise at 50mph, the seat leaves my arse numb in half the time as
it would take to do so sitting on a cold stone floor but I could never bring
myself to 'modernise' the fleet.  How many of you still have your first car
but are communicating with your third wife through a lawyer?  Anyhow,
Spridgets are better than women.....

Spridgets don't get upset if you ride another one.
Spridgets don't mind if you read sexy car magazines.
You can service your Spridget when YOU want to.
Spridgets don't complain if you stop servicing half way through.
etc.  etc..

Hey!  What's the service interval on Miatas?

Rob Thomas

Spridget ownership.......a life sentence with no parole?