Re: ALL LISTERS: Convertible tops

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, vping@optonline.net
Subject: Re: ALL LISTERS: Convertible tops
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:11:03 -0800 (PST)
Vincent,

I'm pretty happy with the top I got from Caribou canvas ($209).
It's made from a triple layered cloth, and can be ordered in 'custom colors'
(black and tan are standard). I got the tan cnavas top for my bugeye. The
interior has aa sort of herringbone tick pattern, and is black.

http://www.caribou.cc/

The quality, fit and finish appear to be great, as well as the price.
 (of course I had to fit it myself) The only problem I see is that it doesn't
roll up as compact and easy as the thin orginal vinyl one, however this is
probably not an issue for later models with the folding top frame.

If you are looking for 'stock' vinyl, check out Austin Healy Spares:

http://www.ahspares.co.uk/

Their prices appear to be much lower than what we can get it for from US
vendors. I do have a tonneau cover I got from them that is virtually identical
to the original one for the bugeye (except for the zipper which is nylon,
instead of brass). (a rough conversion for british pounds to US$ is to multiply
by 1.6)

Regards,
Bryan Vandiver (59-bugeye)
San Jose, CA