Re: NEW CAR!!1966 Midget

To: Charles Markham <chaz2@gis.net>
Subject: Re: NEW CAR!!1966 Midget
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 18:42:43 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Charles Markham wrote:

> Here goes:
>  The top is shot...Do I just replace the canvas part or the whole thing
> including all the metal parts. Who has  the best quality and price?

For quality and price, Amco is the best.
There are better quality (and lousy quality too) but for more money.

>  Tires- Should I just use 145 sr 13's like the ones that are on there?
> Can any tire person put them on the spoked wheels?

Do NOT let them use the regular machine, either by hand or a special
machine that does not rotate inside the splines. I have sen wires
stripped out from the tire shop.

>  The floorpans. These are in really good shape but have a little surface
> rust. Has anyone used any of the Eastwoods type treatments that stop the
> rust and seal them?Or maybe I should drag out the sandblaster...I just
> thought that would make quite a mess.

Rust never sleeps. You can cover it up but under the cover it keeps
rusting.
Cut it out or acid wash it away.

>  Interior- should I buy one of the kits? It is all kind of hammered...

Make your own, it's much cheaper and comes out much better.
Check with a local upholsterer, I know he can redo the interior of a
MKII Midget for alot less then the kits cost.

Happy restoring
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ