Midget - Engine mis-firing when hot

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: Midget - Engine mis-firing when hot
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:03:36 -0500
I have a bit of a conundrum here. I just tuned up the Midget with new NGK
BPESR-6 plugs and adjusted the Weber. Now I am seeing a weird problem.
When the engine is cool, like in the morning or after sitting for a bit -
it runs fine. However when I drive at say 70 mph for as little as 15 min,
when I stop at a light or what ever there is a very pronounced miss. If
after that I park for about an hour and it cools down when I go out for
another drive the miss is missing, i.e. it runs fine. When I drive around
town for a while it does not seem to start missing, just after a hiway
run. Now admitedly the spark plugs, while never having been used are
about 10 years old, Still in brand new boxes. I didn't think that plugs
could go bad if they were not being used.

At this point I am thinking of New new plugs, plug wires, and???

One other thing - it seems to run fine above about 2500 rpm, after the
miss at idle starts. So I do not notice it when cruising down the hiways
and byways.

It is the 1500 Spitfidget engine with a DGV Weber and headers.

Thanks
Larry

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu